Used Prudhomme's "Meat Magic" seasoning, just a bit more than called for because we like a lttle spice. Added some beef broth to moisten. Formed the patties, dimpled the center, and let chill for several hours. Scallion tops a nice change from raw onions. Placed on whole-grain toasted English muffins spread with 1tbs fat free sour cream. Served with grilled red onions & corn on the cob.
Cajun Cool Cheeseburgers
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 463
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 33.1g
- Carbohydrate: 43.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 5.2mg
- Sodium: 956mg
- Calcium: 194mg
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning (such as Tony Chachere's)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 pound ground round
- 1/4 pound ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3/4 cup green onion tops, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- Prepare grill.
- Combine cheeses; set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients (breadcrumbs through turkey). Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side. Sprinkle burgers evenly with cheese mixture. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until burgers are done and cheese melts. Place buns, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with 1/4 cup lettuce, 3 tablespoons onions, and top half of bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This