Cajun Chicken Pasta Bake
- 24 ounce(s) bow tie pasta
- 2 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breast cut in 1 inch strips
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 2 bunch(es) green onions chopped
- 2 whole(s) medium green peppers chopped
- 2 whole(s) medium sweet red peppers chopped
- 2 can(s) condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 1 can(s) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can(s) condensed cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- 3/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 2.5 teaspoon(s) cajun seasoning
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 2 cup(s) shredded colby monterey jack cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to directions on package
- 2. Saute chicken in 1 tbsp oil in a dutch over until juices run clear. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Saute onions and peppers in remaining oil in the some pan until tender. Add the chicken soup, mushroom soup, milk, cajun seasoning, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 3. Drain pasta. Add to soup mixture, toss to coat. Divide between two greased 13x9 baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cool, cover, and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- 4. To use frozen casserole thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove 30 minutes prior to baking. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until bubbly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JessShook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note