Delicious, foolproof chicken and pasta recipe. The family loved the creamy sauce and asked when we could have this for supper again! It's a keeper.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
One easy way to kick up the flavor in a dish is to add Cajun seasoning. Here, the seasoning is sprinkled on the chicken strips before they're sautéed and tossed into the linguine-vegetable mixture.
More From Southern Living
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 pounds chicken breast strips
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced*
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced*
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions (white and light green parts only), sliced*
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with Cajun seasoning and 1 tsp. salt. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Remove chicken.
- 3. Add bell peppers, mushrooms, and green onions to skillet, and sauté 9 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates.
- 4. Return chicken to skillet; stir in half-and-half, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring often, over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add linguine; toss to coat. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
- *1/2 (16-oz.) bag frozen sliced green, red, and yellow bell peppers and onion may be substituted. For testing purposes only, we used Birds Eye Pepper Stir-Fry.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes