Very Good - will definitely make again. I chopped one small tomato and added it to the pan with the onions and garlic. I also added more of the cajun seasoning. I would suggest only cooking the peppers while the rice is simmering as they got cold from being done first.
Cajun Chicken-and-Rice-Stuffed Peppers
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 403
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 34.6g
- Carbohydrate: 49.4g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 5.8mg
- Sodium: 833mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 5 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Arrange halves in a 9-inch pie plate. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap. Microwave at high 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Return peppers to pie plate.
- Combine chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add broth, rice, and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Return chicken to pan; cover and cook 3 minutes or until rice is done. Stir in spinach and chives. Divide the rice mixture evenly among pepper halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes