Cajun Chicken and Rice
When fresh corn is in season, use the kernels cut off from 1 cob. Recipe by Sarah Copeland, March 2011; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/cajun-chicken-and-rice-00000000052461/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) brown rice
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can(s) diced tomatoes
- 2 cup(s) frozen cut okra
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bay leaf and cook until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, okra, corn, cayenne, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender, 6 to 7 minutes more. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over the rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note