This was delicious and a nice change from the usual alfredo sauce. The leftovers were a little oily, so I will reduce the amount of oil next time.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Community Recipe from
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- (SERVES 4)
- Everyone has a "first" they remember. This will always hold a special place in my repertoire—the one that saved my skin and sent me to heaven in 367…. Go Rebels!
- Four 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1¼ pounds)
- ½ cup Blackening Spice Rub (see Blackening Spice Rub)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup roughly chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound fettuccine
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion, for garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over very high heat.
- 2. Dredge the chicken breasts in the spice mix. Place in the cast-iron skillet. Blacken both sides of the chicken, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 3. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- 4. Remove from the oven and slice the chicken into strips on the bias.
- 5. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and lightly brown it, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the wine. Pour in the heavy cream, bring to a simmer, and cook until the sauce is reduced by half. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and chicken slices.
- 6. Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine al dente, according to the package directions. Drain.
- 7. When the sauce is at the desired consistency, stir in ½ cup of the Parmesan, the salt, pepper, and pasta.
- 8. To serve, toss the pasta with the sauce and serve on large rimmed plates. Garnish with ¼ cup green onion and the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Guy Fieri Food - Guy Fieri
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes