So easy, soooo good. Also, one star for it not being "low carb"? The magazine is called Cooking Light, not cooking low carb, Nanacooksonce. I would think a recipe review should be based on taste, health profile, and how well the recipe was written. CL never claims to be a purveyor of low carb recipes, so why judge them on something they've never aimed at delivering? God help you if you ever try any of their wonderful, healthy, but thoroughly NOT low carb pasta recipes.
Cajun Catfish Wraps with Slaw
This crispy, spicy catfish makes the perfect companion to the vegetable crunch of the mellow cabbage slaw.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wrap)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 397
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 35.6g
- Carbohydrate: 36.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 918mg
- Calcium: 126mg
- 3 1/2 cups thinly sliced red or green cabbage
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- To prepare the slaw, combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl; cover and chill.
- To prepare the wraps, combine flour and next 7 ingredients (flour through red pepper) in a shallow dish. Dredge fillets in flour mixture. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets; sauté 5 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions. Cut each catfish fillet lengthwise into 4 pieces. Arrange 4 fillet pieces on each tortilla; top each serving with about 3/4 cup slaw, and roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note