Cajun Blackened Tilapia
Photo: Julie Bidwell; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 tilapia fillets, 2 to 4 oz. each
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1. Combine pepper, cayenne, celery salt, paprika, garlic powder and thyme in a shallow bowl; mix well.
- 2. Warm a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until hot. Brush fillets with butter and coat on both sides with spice mixture.
- 3. Working in batches, cook fish, turning once, until blackened on both sides and flaky inside, 3 to 4 minutes total. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note