- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 tilapia fillets, 2 to 4 oz. each
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- calories 338
- fat 17 g
- satfat 8 g
- protein 43 g
- carbohydrate 2 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 141 mg
- sodium 558 mg
How to Make It
Combine pepper, cayenne, celery salt, paprika, garlic powder and thyme in a shallow bowl; mix well.
Warm a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until hot. Brush fillets with butter and coat on both sides with spice mixture.
Working in batches, cook fish, turning once, until blackened on both sides and flaky inside, 3 to 4 minutes total. Serve immediately.