I added cayenne for a bit of zing. Easy to make, lots of flavor. By using a no fat spread instead of butter, I dropped a lot of calories. I served with eggwhite noodles tossed with roasted tomatoes and a mixed vegetable medley. A new favorite.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 8 (3- to 4-ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Dredge catfish fillets in cornmeal mixture; place fillets, skin sides down, on a greased baking sheet.
- Combine Cajun seasoning and seasoned salt; sprinkle over fillets. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden and fish flakes with a fork. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For a twist, the Fowlkeses recommend substituting 1 tablespoon lemon pepper for 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This