Notes: If making ahead, cool and store airtight in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Reheat to use.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 3.3g
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated goat's milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Scrape goat's milk into a bowl, add whipping cream, and whisk until smooth.
- 2. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan, melt sugar over high heat, tilting pan to mix dry sugar into the syrup that forms, and cook until amber-colored, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup water to caramel (it spatters), then return to heat and stir until caramel dissolves.
- 4. Add goat's milk mixture and lemon juice. Boil over high heat, stirring often and scraping pan sides, until reduced to 2 cups, about 10 minutes.
- 5. Serve warm to pour or cold to spread.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note