Caffè Borgia Cake
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 446
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 59g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- about 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter or margarine
- 3 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- about 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup orange-flavor liqueur
- 1. In a bowl, beat 1 cup butter, 1 1/3 cups sugar, cocoa, and chocolate with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and sour cream. Beat until well mixed.
- 2. Mix together soda, baking powder, and 2 cups flour. Stir into batter, then beat to blend well.
- 3. Butter and flour-dust a 10- to 12-cup tube pan. Scrape batter into pan and spread level. Bake in a 325° oven until cake just begins to pull from pan sides and center springs back when lightly pressed, about 1 hour.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan over high heat, stir 2 cups sugar with 1 cup water until sugar dissolves. Remove syrup from heat and add liqueur.
- 5. Run a knife blade between cake and pan. Let cake cool in pan on a rack for about 10 minutes; invert cake onto rack, then tip cake back into pan. With a thin skewer, pierce cake to pan, making holes an inch apart. Slowly pour syrup over cake. Let cool about 1 1/2 hours.
- 6. Dip cake pan in hot water almost to rim; wipe pan dry. Invert cake onto a plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note