Café-Style Meatloaf With Browned Gravy
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 pound ground round
- Cooking spray
- Browned Gravy
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; crumble beef over vegetable mixture, and stir until well-blended.
- Shape beef mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf. Coat a rack and a shallow pan with cooking spray. Place meat loaf on rack in pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°.
- Prepare Browned Gravy.
- Remove meat loaf from oven. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 8 slices. Serve with Browned Gravy. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes