Café Crème Mousse Cake
Yield: 6 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.67
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 652
- Fat: 44g
- Saturated fat: 26g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 372mg
- Sodium: 147mg
- 1 (1/4 oz.) packet unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/4 cups hot double-strong brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- 1 large egg plus yolks from
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 (3 oz.) packages soft ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Mix gelatin and 3 Tbsp. cold water in a cup; set aside. Stir together 3/4 cup coffee and 3 Tbsp. sugar in another cup; set aside.
- Combine milk, remaining 1 cup sugar, salt and cinnamon in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally.
- Whisk together egg and yolks in a heat-proof bowl; whisk in half of hot milk mixture. Pour whole mixture back in saucepan. Cook, whisking, until mixture reaches 170°F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from heat, stir in gelatin, remaining 1/2 cup coffee and vanilla extract. Let cool, whisking occasionally.
- Transfer cooled mousse to a bowl put in an ice-water bath. Whisk until cold, about 5 minutes. In another bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups cream until stiff. Fold into custard to finish mousse.
- Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Arrange 6 ladyfingers in bottom. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. sweetened coffee, from Step 1. Layer 2 cups mousse and 12 cookies. Drizzle with 6 Tbsp. coffee. Add remaining mousse and 12 cookies; drizzle with remaining coffee. Wrap in plastic. Chill for at least 3 hours.
- To serve, unmold onto a platter. Whip 1 cup cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff and spread on cake. Dust with cinnamon, and slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note