Café Crème Mousse Cake
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 652
- Fat: 44g
- Saturated fat: 26g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 372mg
- Sodium: 147mg
- 1 (1/4 oz.) packet unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/4 cups hot double-strong brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- 1 large egg plus yolks from
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 (3 oz.) packages soft ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Mix gelatin and 3 Tbsp. cold water in a cup; set aside. Stir together 3/4 cup coffee and 3 Tbsp. sugar in another cup; set aside.
- Combine milk, remaining 1 cup sugar, salt and cinnamon in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally.
- Whisk together egg and yolks in a heat-proof bowl; whisk in half of hot milk mixture. Pour whole mixture back in saucepan. Cook, whisking, until mixture reaches 170°F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from heat, stir in gelatin, remaining 1/2 cup coffee and vanilla extract. Let cool, whisking occasionally.
- Transfer cooled mousse to a bowl put in an ice-water bath. Whisk until cold, about 5 minutes. In another bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups cream until stiff. Fold into custard to finish mousse.
- Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Arrange 6 ladyfingers in bottom. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. sweetened coffee, from Step 1. Layer 2 cups mousse and 12 cookies. Drizzle with 6 Tbsp. coffee. Add remaining mousse and 12 cookies; drizzle with remaining coffee. Wrap in plastic. Chill for at least 3 hours.
- To serve, unmold onto a platter. Whip 1 cup cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff and spread on cake. Dust with cinnamon, and slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts