Café Con Leche Custard Cups
More From Southern Living
Cool: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 233
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Carbohydrate: 41.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 63.4mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 136mg
- Calcium: 233mg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 (14-oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup thawed reduced-fat whipped topping
- Garnishes: chopped and whole chocolate-covered espresso beans, 100-calorie shortbread cookies
- 1. Combine flour and salt in a 2-qt. heavy nonaluminum saucepan. Whisk in reduced-fat milk and next 3 ingredients, whisking until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 2. Fill a large bowl with ice; place pan in ice, and whisk custard occasionally until completely cool (about 30 minutes).
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup custard into each of 8 (5-oz.) cups or glasses. Top each with 1 to 2 Tbsp. whipped topping, filling completely. Scrape top with a knife to level whipped topping. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: To make ahead, pour cooled custard into a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag, gently pressing out excess air (to prevent a film from forming). Seal bag, and chill up to 24 hours. To serve, snip off 1 corner of bag, and pipe custard into serving cups.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs Lorna Doone Shortbread Cookie Crisps.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts