I doubled this to fit a 13x9 pan, and it worked great! I followed the recommended triple-strength coffee and was very pleased with the result. The "leche" flavor comes from lots of cream cheese, so it's richer and not as mousse-y as I expected. Make sure it gets a full 12+ hours to set--I made mine first thing in the morning, and it still wasn't set when served at dinner.
Café con Leche Cream Pie
Brew triple-strength coffee for the best flavor. The combination of sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese will cut any bitterness.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 9.9g
- Carbohydrate: 40.5g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 353mg
- Calcium: 171mg
- 3/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 15 cookies, such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup extrastrong brewed coffee
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter, tossing with a fork until well combined. Firmly press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cool completely.
- Pour brewed coffee into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over coffee; let stand 10 minutes. Combine cheeses and milk in a food processor; process until smooth. Microwave coffee mixture at HIGH for 20 seconds. Add coffee mixture to cheese mixture, and process until well combined. Pour cheese mixture into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Spread the whipped topping evenly over filling; sprinkle cocoa over pie. Chill 1 hour before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note