- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 (1-ounce) bottle cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup orange-flavored liqueur*
- 2/3 cup brandy
- 5 cups hot, freshly brewed coffee
- Garnish: orange strips
- Peel orange and lemon, each in one long strip. Squeeze orange, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Reserve lemon for another use.
- Combine orange peel, lemon peel, and next 5 ingredients in a non-aluminum saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in reserved orange juice.
- Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into coffee; discard solids; stir. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
- *Note: For orange-flavored liqueur, we used Grand Marnier.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note