Great salsa. Everyone loved and really easy to make.
Café Azul Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa
Double up the green in this salsa recipe with tomatillos and creamy avocado. According to chef Claire Archibald, Portlanders travel across town for this sprightly green dish.
This recipe goes with Taco Bar for a Party
More From Sunset
- Calories: 13
- Calories from fat: 69%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 0.8mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 pound tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and quartered
- 1/4 pound fresh jalapeño chilies, rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (about 1/2 lb.), peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. In a blender or food processor, whirl tomatillos, chilies, garlic, and cilantro until coarsely puréed. Pour into a bowl.
- 2. Stir in olive oil, avocado, and onion. Add lime juice and salt to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note