Caesar Salad with Fried Ginger
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 173
- Calories from fat: 73%
- Protein: 8.2g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 343mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely shredded fresh ginger
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound romaine lettuce, rinsed and crisped
- 1 cup prepared toasted croutons
- 1. In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over high heat, stir oil and ginger until ginger is golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer ginger to paper towels. Let oil cool.
- 2. With a vegetable peeler, shave about half the cheese into very thin slices. Grate remaining cheese.
- 3. In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk oil, grated cheese, garlic, and lemon juice to blend.
- 4. Break romaine into bite-size pieces into bowl. Add croutons and mix gently.
- 5. Sprinkle fried ginger and shaved parmesan over salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This