Caesar Salad Roll Ups
- Small inner romaine lettuce leaves
- Caesar dressing
- Soft, fresh flour tortillas (about 8 in. wide)
- Blanched green onion tops
- Start with small inner romaine lettuce leaves (no more than 7 in. long) mixed with a Caesar dressing (your own or purchased, which is basically anchovies and parmesan plus oil and vinegar).
- Trim a 6-inch-wide strip from the center of a soft, fresh flour tortilla (about 8 in. wide). Then cut the strip in half lengthwise. (Freshness is important-old tortillas will crack.)
- Lay 4 or 5 dressed leaves crosswise on a tortilla strip with tips pointing from alternate sides; roll strip snugly around leaves. Secure the roll at two points, about 1/2 inch from each end, with strips of blanched green onion tops or toothpicks. Then cut the roll in half and set each piece upright. Repeat to make more. Save extra lettuce for salad. Butter tortilla scraps, bake crisp, and serve with a salad or as a snack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note