Caesar Salad For Two
If this recipe is doubled, a blender may be used to make the dressing.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg yolk or 1 tablespoon pasteurized egg yolk
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 small head(s) romaine lettuce, cored, outer leaves discarded, and heart cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 thick slice(s) rustic white bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss bread with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let croutons cool completely.
- 2. On a cutting board, combine garlic, anchovies, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Using a large knife, drag the blade at an angle across mixture until a paste forms. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in egg yolk,mustard, and lemon juice. Gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons oil. Season with pepper. Just before serving, add croutons and lettuce to dressing and toss; top with Parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note