Caesar-Crusted Crispy Chicken Strips
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup creamy Caesar dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast strips
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs*
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup canola or safflower oil
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup Caesar dressing and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Combine breadcrumbs, flour, and parsley in a shallow dish or pie plate. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere crumbs to both sides. Place on a baking sheet. Chill 30 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in a large deep-sided skillet 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Cook chicken, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm or chilled with remaining 1/4 cup Caesar dressing and Romaine leaves.
- *For testing purposes, we used Panko Japanese breadcrumbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers