Cacao and Milk Chocolate Scones
This recipe is like a sweet version of drop biscuits. Find cacao nibs packaged at gourmet food stores.
More From Oxmoor House
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels or chopped milk chocolate bar (we tested with Hershey's)
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs or chopped toasted pecans
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipping cream (optional)
- Coarse or granulated sugar (optional)
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in chocolate morsels and cacao nibs.
- Whisk together egg, 1 cup whipping cream, and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened and mixture forms a shaggy dough. Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup, scoop dough into mounds onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Brush scones with additional cream, and sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note