Quick and easy recipe and the result is amazing. I would put a little less sugar in the marinade, but other than that it's perfect
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 263
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 761mg
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 slices fresh ginger (each the size of a quarter)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fat-trimmed beef tri-tip (about 2 lb.)
- 1. In a plastic food bag (at least 1 gal.), combine wine, sugar, and soy sauce.
- 2. With the flat side of a knife, crush ginger and garlic. Add to wine mixture.
- 3. Wipe beef with a damp towel and put in bag, seal, and shake to mix. Set bag in a pan and chill, turning occasionally, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- 4. Lift beef from bag, reserving the marinade. Lay meat on a grill above a solid bed of medium coals or on a gas barbecue on medium heat (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds). Cover gas grill. Turning beef as needed to brown evenly, cook until a thermometer inserted in center of thickest part registers 125° for rare, 20 to 30 minutes total for a 1 1/2- to 2-inch-thick piece.
- 5. Transfer meat to a carving board, keep warm, and let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6. Meanwhile, pour reserved marinade into a 1- to 2-quart pan. Over high heat, boil marinade until reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, discard ginger and garlic. Pour marinade sauce into a bowl and add juices that have drained from meat.
- 7. Slice meat thinly across the grain and accompany with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes