I have made this recipe since it came out....I give it as gifts and serve it for the holidays....I too substituted Orange rind for the tangerine. Tastes great. I also have added some ground ginger and ground cloves sometimes. GREAT, EASY and DELICIOUS what more can you ask for..
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerine rind
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- Bring sugar and wine to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients, and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberry skins pop. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Cool slightly; serve warm, or chill 2 hours, if desired.
- Note: Sauce may be stored in refrigerator up to 2 months.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cabernet Cranberries Recipe at a Glance