Cabbage, Potato and Sausage Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) hot sausage or Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced to 1/2"
- 4 cup(s) potatoes, peeled and chopped bite-size
- 8 cup(s) chicken stock or 8 cups water, plus 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head(s) of cabbage, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cook and crumble the sausage in a large pot, over medium high heat. Add the garlic and the onions and saute until softened and fragrant. Add the potatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil for 10-15 minutes. When the potatoes are almost tender, add the cabbage and the thyme and stir to wilt the cabbage. Let it soften for a minute or two before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes