Cabbage, Potato and Sausage Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) hot sausage or Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced to 1/2"
- 4 cup(s) potatoes, peeled and chopped bite-size
- 8 cup(s) chicken stock or 8 cups water, plus 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head(s) of cabbage, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cook and crumble the sausage in a large pot, over medium high heat. Add the garlic and the onions and saute until softened and fragrant. Add the potatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil for 10-15 minutes. When the potatoes are almost tender, add the cabbage and the thyme and stir to wilt the cabbage. Let it soften for a minute or two before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note