Cabbage-Onion-Sweet Pepper Medley
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
- 1/2 small red bell pepper
- 1/2 small yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 small green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 bacon slices
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut bell peppers into 2-inch-long thin strips; chop onion, and cut bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Add bell pepper, onion, and cabbage, tossing gently.
- Combine vinegar and next 6 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Add to vegetable mixture, stirring gently. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables