Good, think I'd like it even better with brown rice to give it a nutty, chewier texture.
Cabbage, Kielbasa and Rice Soup
Photo: © Yunhee Kim
- 7 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, such as basmati or jasmine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound kielbasa, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 3/4 cups of the chicken broth with the rice and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for 18 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, heat the oil. Add the kielbasa and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add the onion and cabbage and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the remaining 6 cups of broth and bring to a simmer. Cook over moderately low heat until the cabbage is tender, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, stir in the rice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews