My boyfriend thought this was delicious, and it was pretty good. I felt it needed a flavor boost as it was fairly bland. Next time I may add some rosemary or possibly serve it with Sriracha to up the flavor. But it is a very filling soup and economical!
Cabbage, White Bean, and Potato Soup
From the kitchen of Stephanie Ganz, Richmond, Virginia, onioncloute.com
"The ingredients in this recipe are humble, but they come together to create a soup that is better than the sum of its parts."
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium-size head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Toppings: shaved fresh Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic toast
- Sauté onion and minced garlic in hot olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir in cabbage, chicken broth, and cannellini beans, and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15 minutes. Top each serving with shaved fresh Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve with garlic toast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note