My boyfriend thought this was delicious, and it was pretty good. I felt it needed a flavor boost as it was fairly bland. Next time I may add some rosemary or possibly serve it with Sriracha to up the flavor. But it is a very filling soup and economical!
Cabbage, White Bean, and Potato Soup
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium-size head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Toppings: shaved fresh Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic toast
- Sauté onion and minced garlic in hot olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir in cabbage, chicken broth, and cannellini beans, and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15 minutes. Top each serving with shaved fresh Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve with garlic toast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note