Cabbage Au Gratin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded processed American cheese, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small cabbage, cleaned, cut into 6 wedges, and boiled
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.
- Place cabbage wedges in a shallow baking dish. Pour sauce over cabbage. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese and breadcrumbs over top. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables