- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded processed American cheese, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small cabbage, cleaned, cut into 6 wedges, and boiled
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.
Place cabbage wedges in a shallow baking dish. Pour sauce over cabbage. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese and breadcrumbs over top. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.