Very nice salad- a good change from slaw and from tossed salads.
Cabbage-Apple Salad With Sugared Pecans
- 1 16 ounce bag shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Rinse slaw mix with cold water; drain well. Toss together slaw and next 3 ingredients, and set aside.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add chopped pecans, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until toasted. Sprinkle sugar over pecans, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until sugar dissolves and pecans are coated. Remove from heat, and slightly cool.
Add pecan mixture and chives to slaw mixture, tossing to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads