Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) margarine
- 1/2 cup(s) cocoa
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 ounce(s) chocolate icing
- mint icing
- 5 tablespoon(s) margarine
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) milk
- 12 1/3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) mint extract
- 2 drop(s) green food coloring
- for the chocolate icing: chocolate icing (using your own icing recipe or purchase some chocolate frosting. You can also search the internet for chocolate icing recipes
- 1. Melt margarine and mix in cocoa. Allow to cool. Add honey, eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Add nuts. Pour batter into a greased 9-by-13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool.
- 2. Prepare mint icing: Soften margarine. Add salt, corn syrup, and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Add mint extract and food coloring. Mix. Add milk gradually until the consistency is a little thinner than cake frosting.
- 3. Spread mint icing over brownies. Place brownies in the freezer for a short time to stiffen the icing. Remove from the freezer and carefully add a layer of chocolate icing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
BYU Brownies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts