These crusty scones are best right out of the oven.
Yield: 1 dozen
More From Oxmoor House
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pink Princess Spread
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Whisk together half-and-half and 1 egg in a bowl; add to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 or 4 times.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a ball. Pat each into a 5 1/2" circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cut each circle into 6 wedges, using a sharp knife (do not separate wedges).
- Whisk together remaining egg with 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl; brush egg wash over dough. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over dough.
- Bake at 425° for 19 to 21 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Serve with Pink Princess Spread, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note