More From Oxmoor House
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pink Princess Spread
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Whisk together half-and-half and 1 egg in a bowl; add to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 or 4 times.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a ball. Pat each into a 5 1/2" circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cut each circle into 6 wedges, using a sharp knife (do not separate wedges).
- Whisk together remaining egg with 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl; brush egg wash over dough. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over dough.
- Bake at 425° for 19 to 21 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Serve with Pink Princess Spread, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This