Buttery Pie Pastry
More From Sunset
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1. Whirl together flour, powdered sugar, and salt in a food processor.
- 2. Drop cubes of cold butter into bowl and pulse until mixture looks like large cracker crumbs and flour.
- 3. Whirl in egg yolk and 1 to 2 tbsp. ice water, pulsing just until mixture comes together in a shaggy ball but you can still see bits of butter.
- 4. Divide dough into disks (one for each pan you will use), then wrap in plastic wrap, and chill at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
Total time does not include chill time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note