Buttery Pappardelle With Pumpkin and Caramelized Onions
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 lb pappardelle
- 3/4 pound pappardelle
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 small sugar pumpkin (about 1 1/2 pounds)—peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 thyme sprigs, plus 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 2 1/2 ounces pecorino, grated (2/3 cup), plus more for serving (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 14 to 16 minutes. Transfer to a plate; reserve the skillet.
- Add the pumpkin, thyme sprigs, and 1½ cups water to the reserved skillet, cover partially, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pumpkin is very soft and most of the water has evaporated, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the onion, pumpkin, thyme leaves, pecorino, the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, and ½ cup of the reserved cooking water to the pasta and toss to coat (adding more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).
- Serve the pasta with black pepper and additional pecorino, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by acrane and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buttery Pappardelle With Pumpkin and Caramelized Onions Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes