This is amazingly simple and oh so good with the Panna Cotta. We're lucking enough to live in Ventura County CA where fresh oranges are available year 'round so we have fresh orange juice daily. This was such a hit with my dinner guests and everyone talked about possible other uses for this delicious orange curd.
Buttery Orange Curd
More From Southern Living
8 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups orange juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a 3-qt. saucepan; gradually whisk in orange juice. Whisk in egg. Bring to a boil; boil, whisking constantly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat; whisk in butter, zest, and salt. Place heavy-duty plastic wrap directly on curd (to prevent a film from forming), and chill 8 hours. Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Note: We tested with Simply Orange 100% Pure Squeezed Orange Juice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note