Buttery Flaky Pastry
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice-cold water
- Parchment paper
- 1. Pulse flour and salt in a food processor 3 or 4 times or until combined. Add butter, and pulse 5 or 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor running, gradually add 1/4 cup ice-cold water, and process just until dough forms a ball and pulls away from sides of bowl, adding up to 1/4 cup more ice-cold water if needed.
- 2. Gently form dough into a flat disk; wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour to 2 days.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle (about 1/8 inch thick) on a lightly floured surface. Fit into a lightly greased 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom, pressing dough on bottom and up sides into fluted edges.
- 4. Line dough with parchment paper, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove weights and parchment paper, and bake 15 to 20 more minutes or until bottom is golden. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This