Buttery Broccoli Medley
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Cut broccoli into florets, reserving stems for another use.
- Arrange cauliflower and broccoli in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add bell pepper and garlic, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in broccoli, cauliflower, mustard, salt, and pepper; sprinkle with onions.
- Note: To make ahead, spoon broccoli mixture into a greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish (do not sprinkle with onions); cover and chill. Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated. Sprinkle with onions before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This