Buttery Braised & Browned Potatoes
Potatoes that are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter work best
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 pound(s) New Potatoes Unpeeled halved
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 clove(s) fresh garlic peeled
- 3 sprig(s) Thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives Fresh
- 1. Arrange potatoes in single layer, cut side down, in 12-inch nonstick skillet (potatoes will fit snugly). Add water, butter, garlic, thyme, and salt and bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove lid and use slotted spoon to transfer garlic to cutting board. Increase heat to medium-high and vigorously simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until water evaporates and butter starts to sizzle, 7 to 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, mince garlic to paste. Transfer paste to bowl and stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- 3. Continue to cook potatoes, swirling pan frequently, until butter browns and potatoes are golden, 2 to 4 minutes longer. Off heat, add garlic mixture and chives and toss to thoroughly coat. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by crosscourt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buttery Braised & Browned Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables