In answer to the question about the picture, it is Chicken-Artichoke-Cheese Spread Gift Box and it's AWESOME. I haven't tried this recipe for blue cheese and walnuts but plan to and will update this review. Giving 5 stars to offset the 1 star given for question posed.
Buttery Blue Cheese Spread with Walnuts
Blue cheese and toasted walnuts are one of those amazing culinary matches, but here the richness goes one step further. There's a splash of sherry and a generous amount of softened butter in this cheese spread. Freeze it for up to a month in advance.
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup cream sherry (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) round bread loaf
- Garnishes: toasted diced walnuts, chopped fresh chives, rosemary sprigs
- Stir together first 5 ingredients and, if desired, sherry in a large bowl; cover and chill mixture 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature to soften; or freeze spread up to 1 month, and thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Hollow out bread loaf, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell; reserve inside of loaf for other uses. Spoon softened cheese spread into shell. Garnish, if desired. Serve with sliced apples and pears or with toasted French baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note