What is the recipe for the square-shaped spread that is shown in the picture? That isn't what is described in the printed recipe.
Buttery Blue Cheese Spread with Walnuts
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup cream sherry (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) round bread loaf
- Garnishes: toasted diced walnuts, chopped fresh chives, rosemary sprigs
- Stir together first 5 ingredients and, if desired, sherry in a large bowl; cover and chill mixture 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature to soften; or freeze spread up to 1 month, and thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Hollow out bread loaf, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell; reserve inside of loaf for other uses. Spoon softened cheese spread into shell. Garnish, if desired. Serve with sliced apples and pears or with toasted French baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buttery Blue Cheese Spread with Walnuts Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers