Butterscotch-Sea Salt Shake
Photo: Christopher Baker; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
Cool: 1 Hour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- Coarse sea salt
- 1. Heat butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat; stir until melted. Stir in cream, and bring mixture just to a boil; remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract. Let cool completely; refrigerate until cold and thickened.
- 2. Combine ice cream, milk, and 3/4 cup caramel mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Pour half of remaining caramel mixture into glasses, coating sides. Top with ice-cream mixture; drizzle evenly with remaining caramel mixture. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note