- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, well beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine all ingredients, except pecans, in top of a double boiler; stir well. Cook over boiling water, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and is smooth. Stir in toasted pecans.
- Pour sauce into hot sterilized jars. Cover with lids, and screw bands tight. Serve warm over ice cream or pound cake. Store jars in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This