Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 2.3 cup(s) butterscotch morsels divided
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon(s) powdered sugar
- Butterscotch sauce (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350. Brease 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, bowl on medium-high for 1 minute, stir well. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt & nutmeg un medium bowl. Stir together melted morsels, pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl with whisk. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 40-50 min. or until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with butterscotch sauce.
- Butterscotch sauce:
- Heat 1/3 cup evaporated milk in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat just to a boil, remove from heat. Add remaining morsels, stir until smooth. Return to heat, stirring constantly, bring mixture just to a boil. Cool to room temperature, stir before serving over cake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings