Butterscotch Pecan Pie from PieLab
Photo: Oxmoor House
The butterscotch flavor is subtle, adding an interesting twist without overwhelming this Southern classic. And the experts at PieLab have ensured that the filling fits the piecrust perfectly.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts (or 1 homemade 9-inch piecrust, rolled to 1/8-inch thickness)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- 2. Whisk together brown sugar and next 4 ingre-dients in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in melted butter. Stir in pecans and butterscotch morsels. Pour mixture into piecrust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until set and slightly puffed. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 4 hours).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note