These were great. I used an 8x8 and omitted the nuts bc of a nut allergy in the house. I baked it for 40 minutes and they stayed chewy and moist for as long as they lasted (36 hours). will make again
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, mixing well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in pecans. Spread mixture in a greased 9-inch square pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool brownies completely in pan, and cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note