These are impossible to stop eating...which makes them not light if you eat the whole pan! Dense, moist, rich,wonderful. You can see more reviews here: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/butterscotch-blondies-10000001571443/ because for some reason CL decided to print the recipe 2x on this site with different pictures?
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Leigh Ann Ross
Trade in brownies for a batch of these Butterscotch Blondie dessert bars.
Yield: 24 servings (serving size: 1 square)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 30.5g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 108mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 2 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, firmly packed light brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Place butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Pour into a small bowl, and cool 10 minutes.
- Combine butter and egg substitute, stirring with a whisk. Pour butter mixture over flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray; smooth top with spatula. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 24 squares.
Store unrefrigerated in an airtight container up to three days, or freeze for three months.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Butterscotch Blondies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies, Desserts
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Sodium
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes for Cookies