The taste did not as much of a butterscotch flavor as I would have hoped.
Randy Mayor; Mary Catherine Muir
This is a great make-ahead dessert, especially for entertaining. To make cookie crumbs, place cookies in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin, or pulse them in a food processor.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 parfait)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 146mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 143mg
- Calcium: 99mg
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 16 cakelike ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup amaretti cookie crumbs (about 8 cookies)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, and cook until thick and bubbly (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in the butter and vanilla. Pour into a bowl; cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap, and chill. Remove plastic wrap, and fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise. Line each of 8 parfait glasses with 4 ladyfinger halves, standing the halves upright. Spoon 2 tablespoons pudding into the center of each glass, and top each portion with 2 teaspoons cookie crumbs. Spoon 1/4 cup pudding on top of crumbs. Top each parfait with 1 tablespoon whipped topping, and sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon crumbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This