- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chile, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 lbs.), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-in. cubes
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- calories 56
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- protein 1.1 g
- fat 1.3 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 2 g
- sodium 4.1 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Pour oil and mustard seeds into a large frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat, covered, until seeds finish popping, about 1 minute. Add garlic and chile and cook, stirring, until garlic just starts to brown, about 1 minute.
Add squash and stir to coat. Add 1/2 cup water, cover, and cook until squash is tender to the bite, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with salt to taste and garnish with cilantro if you like.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.