Butternut Squash Soup with Toasted Pine Nuts
Community Recipe from
- 1-2 Butternut Squash, 1 large or 2 small
- 2 cup(s) Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 1 Inch Piece Ginger Minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoon(s) Ground Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Red Pepper Flakes
- Sea Salt to taste
- Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1.) Bake squash on 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tender
- 2.) Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and sauté another minute, then add spices stirring until fragrant.
- 3.) Add coconut mixture to the pan and reduce to simmer, meanwhile break up squash into pieces and add to pan, mashing slightly with spoon.
- 4.) Transfer mixture to blender (blending in batches works best) blend on high (or hot soup setting if you have vitamix) adding more water if necessary. When soup has reached a smooth texture return to soup pot on low heat until ready to serve.
- 5.) Toast pine nuts in a skillet or the oven and watch closely to make sure they don't burn. Sprinkle on top of soup and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DelishDish11 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes