Butternut Squash Soup with Toasted Pine Nuts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1-2 Butternut Squash, 1 large or 2 small
- 2 cup(s) Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 1 Inch Piece Ginger Minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoon(s) Ground Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Red Pepper Flakes
- Sea Salt to taste
- Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1.) Bake squash on 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tender
- 2.) Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and sauté another minute, then add spices stirring until fragrant.
- 3.) Add coconut mixture to the pan and reduce to simmer, meanwhile break up squash into pieces and add to pan, mashing slightly with spoon.
- 4.) Transfer mixture to blender (blending in batches works best) blend on high (or hot soup setting if you have vitamix) adding more water if necessary. When soup has reached a smooth texture return to soup pot on low heat until ready to serve.
- 5.) Toast pine nuts in a skillet or the oven and watch closely to make sure they don't burn. Sprinkle on top of soup and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DelishDish11 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note